Write a message to the server log if checkpoints caused by the filling of WAL segment files happen closer together than this amount of time (which suggests that max_wal_size ought to be raised). If this value is specified without units, it is taken as seconds. The default is 30 seconds (
30s). Zero disables the warning. No warnings will be generated if checkpoint_timeout is less than
checkpoint_warning. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line.
- Postgres: Checkpoints Are Occurring Too Frequently
- how to delete enormously growing pg_xlog while streaming replication?
- Postgres performance issues
- What is the best way to load a massive amount of data into PostgreSQL?
- Improve postgreql insert performance when compared to Oracle. Low memory utilization by Postgresql threads