archive_mode is enabled, completed WAL segments are sent to archive storage by setting archive_command or archive_library. In addition to
off, to disable, there are two modes:
always. During normal operation, there is no difference between the two modes, but when set to
always the WAL archiver is enabled also during archive recovery or standby mode. In
always mode, all files restored from the archive or streamed with streaming replication will be archived (again). See continuous-archiving-in-standby for details.
archive_mode is a separate setting from archive_command and archive_library so that archive_command and archive_library can be changed without leaving archiving mode. This parameter can only be set at server start.
archive_mode cannot be enabled when wal_level is set to
- Force the old transactions logs cleanup even if checkpoint is skipped
- RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
- Improve the log message output of basic_archive when basic_archive.archive_directory parameter is not set
- Re: walsender performance regression due to logical decoding on standby changes
- Re: Improve WALRead() to suck data directly from WAL buffers when possible