The TCP port the server listens on; 5432 by default. Note that the same port number is used for all IP addresses the server listens on. This parameter can only be set at server start.
Alternate ports are primarily useful for running several versions, or instances, of PostgreSQL on one machine. However, if you're using an alternate port to support several versions, it's often better to compile in the port number.
- Re: port conflicts when running tests concurrently on windows.
- Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
- Re: Incorrect usage of strtol, atoi for non-numeric junk inputs
- Re: [PATCH] Expose port->authn_id to extensions and triggers
- Re: [Bug] Logical Replication failing if the DateStyle is different in Publisher & Subscriber