The TCP port the server listens on; 5432 by default. Note that the same port number is used for all IP addresses the server listens on. This parameter can only be set at server start.
Alternate ports are primarily useful for running several versions, or instances, of PostgreSQL on one machine. However, if you're using an alternate port to support several versions, it's often better to compile in the port number.
- BUG #17056: Segmentation fault on altering the type of the foreign table column with a default
- Re: strange error reporting
- Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
- Re: Log message for GSS connection is missing once connection authorization is successful.
- Re: Extensibility of the PostgreSQL wire protocol