Maximum time between automatic WAL checkpoints. If this value is specified without units, it is taken as seconds. The valid range is between 30 seconds and one day. The default is five minutes (
5min). Increasing this parameter can increase the amount of time needed for crash recovery. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line.
- Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
- Re: Race between KeepFileRestoredFromArchive() and restartpoint
- Reducing power consumption on idle servers
- Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
- Re: Use pg_pwritev_with_retry() instead of write() in dir_open_for_write() to avoid partial writes?