When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server writes the entire content of each disk page to WAL during the first modification of that page after a checkpoint, even for non-critical modifications of so-called hint bits.
If data checksums are enabled, hint bit updates are always WAL-logged and this setting is ignored. You can use this setting to test how much extra WAL-logging would occur if your database had data checksums enabled.
This parameter can only be set at server start. The default value is
- Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
- Re: Multiple FPI_FOR_HINT for the same block during killing btree index items
- Re: Thoughts on "killed tuples" index hint bits support on standby
- Re: WAL usage calculation patch
- Thoughts on "killed tuples" index hint bits support on standby