The estimated cost for vacuuming a buffer that has to be read from disk. This represents the effort to lock the buffer pool, lookup the shared hash table, read the desired block in from the disk and scan its content. The default value is 10.
- Postgresql: database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data loss
- Postgresql 9.3 Autovacuum not keeping up despite aggressive settings
- is there any adverse effect on DB if I set autovacuum scale factor to zero for certain tables?
- insert blocks with ExclusiveLock on index in Postgres
- Postgres connection is slow from PHP