Enables timing of database I/O calls. This parameter is off by default, because it will repeatedly query the operating system for the current time, which may cause significant overhead on some platforms. You can use the pgtesttiming tool to measure the overhead of timing on your system. I/O timing information is displayed in pg-stat-database-view, in the output of sql-explain when the
BUFFERS option is used, and by pgstatstatements. Only superusers can change this setting.
- Phrase frequency counter with FULL Text Search of PostgreSQL 9.6
- How to set PGOPTIONS when starting Postgres using docker-compose
- Postgresql 12 - Simple select statement without filter condition is giving less throughput of 5K rows/sec? What can we optimize here?
- How to activate Postgresql statistics collector?
- Slow PostgreSQL Query for Mins and Maxs within equal intervals in a time period