A read-only SQL transaction cannot alter non-temporary tables. This parameter controls the default read-only status of each new transaction. The default is
Consult sql-set-transaction for more information.
This setting is mainly useful for preventing yourself from accidentally changing data. It is not really a security setting, as anyone can revoke it on their own session. Better set on a session or ROLE level. Will show up as TRUE if you are on a replication standby.
- Re: pgsql: Move handling of database properties from pg_dumpall into pg_dum
- Re: [HACKERS] [PATCH v2] Add and report the new "session_read_only" GUC pseudo-variable.
- Re: [HACKERS] Refactor handling of database attributes between pg_dump and pg_dumpall
- pgsql: Move handling of database properties from pg_dumpall into pg_dum
- backend crash on DELETE, reproducible locally