Specifies the directory to use for data storage. This parameter can only be set at server start.
Supports the ability to distribute files according to sysadmin or operating system defined schemes, or for launching multiple restart instances using the same binaries. Most of the time, it's better to use configuration options to define these locations so that all PostgreSQL binaries default to the correct paths.
- installing postgres via puppet with customer data_directory
- ERROR after change data_directory of PostgreSQL in ubuntu 16.04
- PostgreSQL 10 Use different directories for config_file and data_directory
- postgresql can not start after change the data_directory
- Change PostgreSQL data_directory on CentOS 7