When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server writes the entire content of each disk page to WAL during the first modification of that page after a checkpoint, even for non-critical modifications of so-called hint bits.
If data checksums are enabled, hint bit updates are always WAL-logged and this setting is ignored. You can use this setting to test how much extra WAL-logging would occur if your database had data checksums enabled.
This parameter can only be set at server start. The default value is
- Re: data_checksums enabled by default (was: Move --data-checksums to common options in initdb --help)
- Re: Key management with tests
- Re: Thoughts on "killed tuples" index hint bits support on standby
- Multiple full page writes in a single checkpoint?
- RE: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist