When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server writes the entire content of each disk page to WAL during the first modification of that page after a checkpoint, even for non-critical modifications of so-called hint bits.
If data checksums are enabled, hint bit updates are always WAL-logged and this setting is ignored. You can use this setting to test how much extra WAL-logging would occur if your database had data checksums enabled.
This parameter can only be set at server start. The default value is
- Primary and standby server at different timelines in postgres
- Postgresql 9.6 cascading stream replication issue: physical replication slots not synced from master to slave
- Postgres replication .done file in slave
- Postgres pg_rewind will not work with simple use case
- postgres transactions rate slows after a while