When this parameter is
on, the PostgreSQL server compresses a full page image written to WAL when full_page_writes is on or during a base backup. A compressed page image will be decompressed during WAL replay. The default value is
off. Only superusers can change this setting.
Turning this parameter on can reduce the WAL volume without increasing the risk of unrecoverable data corruption, but at the cost of some extra CPU spent on the compression during WAL logging and on the decompression during WAL replay.
- v13: CLUSTER segv with wal_level=minimal and parallel index creation
- Add statistics to pg_stat_wal view for wal related parameter tuning
- Re: Add statistics to pg_stat_wal view for wal related parameter tuning
- Re: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size
- Re: Batching page logging during B-tree build