Allows the leader process to execute the query plan under
Gather Merge nodes instead of waiting for worker processes. The default is
on. Setting this value to
off reduces the likelihood that workers will become blocked because the leader is not reading tuples fast enough, but requires the leader process to wait for worker processes to start up before the first tuples can be produced. The degree to which the leader can help or hinder performance depends on the plan type, number of workers and query duration.
- Geoserver WFS + PostgreSQL with large table impossibly slow
- Why does "explain analyzing" this query fnish fast (showing a parallel plan), while running the actual query without "explain analyze" doesn't?
- PostgreSQL 13 sometimes works but sometimes huge execution time
- Postgresql sequential scan slow performance on 500 million rows
- Why are these query plans so different?