Causes each attempted connection to the server to be logged, as well as successful completion of both client authentication (if necessary) and authorization. Only superusers and users with the appropriate
SET privilege can change this parameter at session start, and it cannot be changed at all within a session. The default is
Some client programs, like psql, attempt to connect twice while determining if a password is required, so duplicate connection received messages do not necessarily indicate a problem.
- Logging of matching pg_hba.conf entry during auth skips trust auth, potential security issue
- Re: [PATCH] Teach pg_waldump to extract FPIs from the WAL
- Re: windows CI failing PMSignalState->PMChildFlags[slot] == PM_CHILD_ASSIGNED
- Re: Patch proposal: make use of regular expressions for the username in pg_hba.conf
- Re: Introduce "log_connection_stages" setting.