Causes checkpoints and restartpoints to be logged in the server log. Some statistics are included in the log messages, including the number of buffers written and the time spent writing them. This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line. The default is off.
- Re: should we enable log_checkpoints out of the box?
- Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message
- Re: Be clear about what log_checkpoints emits in the documentation
- Re: Emit "checkpoint skipped because system is idle" message at LOG level if log_checkpoints is set
- Emit "checkpoint skipped because system is idle" message at LOG level if log_checkpoints is set