Controls the trade-off between planning time and query plan quality in GEQO. This variable must be an integer in the range from 1 to 10. The default value is five. Larger values increase the time spent doing query planning, but also increase the likelihood that an efficient query plan will be chosen.
geqo_effort doesn't actually do anything directly; it is only used to compute the default values for the other variables that influence GEQO behavior (described below). If you prefer, you can set the other parameters by hand instead.
- Performance slow down after upgrade to Postgres 9.4
- PostgreSQL VACUUM/CLUSTER/UPDATE disk at 100% but only 5MB/sec
- when Postgres starts checking for suitable index?
- Postgresql doesn&amp;amp;amp;#39;t use memory for caching
- SELECT to_tsvector('X', 'Y') need 6 seconds to get result