Sets the default statistics target for table columns without a column-specific target set via ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS. Larger values increase the time needed to do ANALYZE, but might improve the quality of the planner's estimates. The default is 100. For more information on the use of statistics by the PostgreSQL query planner, refer to planner-stats.
- Re: Postgres picks suboptimal index after building of an extended statistics
- bailing out in tap tests nearly always a bad idea
- Optimize join selectivity estimation by not reading MCV stats for unique join attributes
- Re: Optimize join selectivity estimation by not reading MCV stats for unique join attributes
- Re: [RFC] Improving multi-column filter cardinality estimation using MCVs and HyperLogLog