Turns on various assertion checks. This is a debugging aid. If you are experiencing strange problems or crashes you might want to turn this on, as it might expose programming mistakes. To use this parameter, the macro
USE_ASSERT_CHECKING must be defined when PostgreSQL is built (accomplished by the configure option --enable-cassert). Note that
debug_assertions defaults to
on if PostgreSQL has been built with assertions enabled.
- Settings for postgres: update existing db or create new
- Postgresql doesn't use memory for caching
- Geoserver WFS + PostgreSQL with large table impossibly slow
- Why does "explain analyzing" this query fnish fast (showing a parallel plan), while running the actual query without "explain analyze" doesn't?
- Postgresql sequential scan slow performance on 500 million rows