Allows tablespaces to be created as directories inside pg_tblspc, when an empty location string is provided to the CREATE TABLESPACE command. This is intended to allow testing replication scenarios where primary and standby servers are running on the same machine. Such directories are likely to confuse backup tools that expect to find only symbolic links in that location. Only superusers and users with the appropriate
SET privilege can change this setting.
- Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
- Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
- Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
- Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
- Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI